Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dark Dramas




Angela actually canceled Wild Catz night tonight. But I went to her house anyway. We ate baked potatoes and talked. Then we went over to Lori's house. Angela had to leave early but Amy and I stayed a little later. Actually I stayed alot later and Amy left a while after Angela. We were going to help Lori clean and get ready for the baby and stuff but it kinda just turned into Wild Catz night at Lori's house. /shrug

Lori and I finally decided on a costume for her. She has hated ALL my ideas so far. But alas, we decided on Agent Dana Scully from The X-Files. Lori already has short red hair. And already owns a pant suit and black high heel shoes. Ta-da! I am going to photoshop her a FBI badge and she is going to buy a plastic gun. And its something she can wear to work too. Perfect. Finally!

I made Dark Drama cookies today. They are dark chocolate. Because of two reasons. 1) Everybody including me has been in a dark mood lately from dealing with drama. 2) What do you want when you deal with drama? Uh chocolate! Dark chocolate for dark drama, perfect. Plus I've been listening to the New Moon soundtrack and it fits my dark mood perfectly. So, I just put that on and made the cookies.

Driving to Angela's today..two guys mooned me. I'm still tramatized by it. So i'm not going into detail. Let's just say..I not only could have lived without it..but its not something I want to ever see again ever. That is...unless...........you're Robert Pattinson.


The picture of Angela is with her new painted nails. Its called MIDNIGHT PLUUUUMS. True story.


Quotes of the day:
Hank: "Well you can put soda on that list of yours because I don't want any of this damn soda. When you both leave I won't have soda in this house."

Me: "Cookies > Que"

Me: "Well at least I can finally paint my room when we move into this apartment."
Mom: "They don't allow painting."
Me: "OH MY GOD THIS RUINS MY DAY!"
Mom: "That's a bit dramatic."
Me: "I'm an ARTIST. Telling me I can't paint my room is like telling me I can't BREATHE. How is that for dramatic?"

Angela: "Your cookies sound like a vampire soap opera."
Me: "Tune in next week to see who gets bit on dark drama's! Only on the soap channel."
Angela: "And only.....after dark!"
Me: "Starring Johnny Depp."


Question of the day:
Who started the term "moon" for such a disgusting display?

2 comments:

  1. Moon has been a common shape-metaphor for the buttocks in English since 1743, and the verb to moon has meant 'to expose to (moon)light' since 1601, long before they were combined in US student slang in the verb(al expression) mooning "to flash the buttocks" in 1968. Formerly, mooning was slang for "wandering idly" and "romantically pining."
    Mooning is sometimes performed from a moving vehicle.
    Mooning with one's buttocks pressed against glass (for example, a car window) is known as a pressed ham.
    In some countries, blue mooning means exposing the genitals instead of the buttocks for the same purposes. In the UK, this is sometimes called a sunny (i.e, the opposite of a moon). A blue moon also refers jokingly to the act of mooning on a very cold day, the cold weather supposedly changing the color of the skin.
    The custom of mooning to show disrespect may be limited to North America and some countries of Europe, where it is generally considered a rude and insulting act (but much less offensive than flashing). It is often performed as a form of protest. Also, the Māori of New Zealand moon as a sign of disrespect. Mooning is considered offensive because the buttocks are considered taboo, and mooning therefore exposes the victim to the taboo.
    A court in Maryland recently determined that mooning is a form of expression protected by the United States constitutional right of freedom of speech. However, the decision has not yet been confirmed by a higher court, so it may not have set a legal precedent
    *During the Battle of Crécy in 1346 when king Edward III of England took Caen, on the way to Crécy, several hundred Normandy soldiers exposed their backsides to the English archers and many of them paid a high price for doing so.
    On one of Giovanni da Verrazzano's trips to North America in the 1520s, he and his crew were mooned by a group of Abenaki Indians, who had already been soured by previous contact with Europeans. Although willing to trade their goods for steel and cloth, they denied Verrazanno permission to land, insisting on doing business on the open water, transferring the goods with ropes. Once the last items had been sent over, the Abenaki "began showing their buttocks and laughing." This is the first recorded incident of American mooning.
    *During a visit by Queen Elizabeth II to New Zealand, Tame Iti, a Māori, mooned the queen. His defense in court was that it was a traditional Māori form of protest and he could therefore not be charged with indecent exposure.

    ReplyDelete